Wat? I remember people going crazy for this movie when it came out.
Originally, the Japanese critics panned the original version of Godzilla. They hated the way it dealt with the post-war setting. Western critics panned the original Godzilla for being a cheesy goofball movie, although most of it is because they saw the American cut of the movie that removed any unfomfortable WW2 stuff.
Most of the response for that latest movie has been positive. Except maybe from Toho themselves, but they’ll never accept an American Godzilla.
Thanks to anime I have seen
A bomb from being hit back into outer space with a guitar that was pulled out of a kid’s head, a space colony being dropped on top of earth, someone eat bread so delicious he died and went to heaven, a breakdancing samurai, someone pilot a stone robot powered by the heart of a dragon he killed, kids using cables and pressure to fly up to giants and slay them, a man with a gun-hand level a city in a matter of seconds, a planet being cut in half, galaxies thrown as shuriken, a robot fuse with a stealth bomber and bullet train, a monk suicide bomber detonating a nuclear device to stop an ant, a rubber kid defeating a thunder god, someone being repeatedly burned to death and the fluids in their eyes leaking out of their sockets, a boy becoming a universe before imploding on itself, Freddie Mercury riding a horse to school, an ancient vampire stopping time to toss a truck at someone, a kid ending the entire world because he’s depressed, a space pirate taking the blame for an alien invasion while protecting a world of blind consumers and slackers, Dracula crashing an airplane into a ship in order to torture a girl by pushing his gun through her body, kids fighting in a necromancy tournament, a juvenile delinquent become a beloved teacher by torturing kids in a park with his biker friends, a man with trust issues after being raped as a kid because the guy he saw as a father sold him to some guy being betrayed by the only person he ever looked up to, a kid cutting himself and shooting compressed blood at his enemies to defeat them, people fighting with weapons that are also people themselves, cats delivering pizza who are crime fighters on the side, gigantic moral intrigue as three people plot who eats what part of the nabe stew, people trapped in an MMO (too. many. times.), a guy accidentally calling a god and sarcastically telling her to be his girlfriend then being stuck with her, a man killing so many people during a single train ride he’s comes out of it completely red, a poor girl making money dating rich girls in a afterschool activity club.
And people wonder why I don’t care about flavor of the week shows.
Microsoft at E3 2014 THE SHORT EDITION
- In America, they give the audience wristbands to tell them when to clap
- Microsoft announces they’re dedicating their entire games conference to games. Nobody ever considered this approach. Microsoft is a revolutionary company.
- Call of Duty Advance Wars. Because if you want a strong offense, you open with the game all your competitors have too.
- Cars. Or whatever. Who the fuck cares.
- Call of Duty Advance Wars the Halo Years looks like Call of Duty.
- Ass Assin’ Creed You Needy’s going to do the four player co-op thing, so if you don’t have friends, you will probably hate it entirely. Brought to you be You Be Sawft.
- Evolve actually seems cool.
- Dragon Age pops up to remind us that this is the state of WRPGs. Waifu/Husbando shit with no real story worth caring about.
- Sunset Overdrive. ”It’s a fucking videogame.” 10/10 Game of the Year.
- Capcom. Doing the Capcom thing. They’re actually doing it very good. Super Dead Rising 3 Arcade Edition EX Alpha is the kind of self-aware parody they need to be doing.
- Fable has never been good; The Legend.
- Conker is being whored out to Project Spark. RIP Conker.
- A Halo Collection that excludes the only two good games of the series. It’s like you really want me to hate you guys.
- Someone was kind enough to point a flashlight into the corner where they hid the indies.
- Tomb Raider - Lara Croft’s A Strong Victim 2. Because you can’t have a strong female lead without beating the shit out of her and making her look weak. It’s not making my Tomb Rise.
- Devil May Monster Hunter
- Phantom Dust
- Crackdown 3
This is the best presentation Microsoft’s ever had, but still a seriously underwhelming one.
You be S A W F T
Pouf calling out his powerful army of Cells
Apologies to DC Comics, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, but this remains the state-of-the-art in youth comics dismemberment.
(Tip of the cap to Rvancetal)
(One Piece, Eiichirō Oda)
people think it’s the violence, but it’s not. it was always the execution.